Game Design & Development
Creator Calendar is a small extension for Google Chrome (exclusively, at least for now) that provides a collapsible calendar view with a built in drag-n-drop scheduler on YouTube's Video Manager page. It makes it tons easier to schedule and verify your publishing dates and times.
Check it out for free on the Chrome Web Store!
- View your scheduled videos in a collapsible calendar layout! That's the whole point.
- Drag and drop private videos to easily schedule them.
- Right click a scheduled video to create an event on Google Calendar
- Color code each day of the week via the options menu.
- Set weeks to start on Monday or Sunday via the options menu.
The original release of Creator Calendar was made on a whim in under 4 hours. The current version, Version 0.4, took a little bit longer but still isn't feature complete and probably has some bugs. I love getting user feedback, so send me an email at email@example.com with "Calendar" somewhere in the subject line. I won't always be able to get back to you, so don't be too upset if you don't get a response.
I've got a lot of ideas for future updates for this extension to make it even more useful while keeping it single-purpose, but I'm pretty new to extension development and don't know if they're all possible. For that reason, I'm not going to list them here!
One thing that I'll definitely aim to accomplish is making it available cross-browser. If you use FireFox, Opera, or Edge, be on the lookout for Creator Calendar for your browser in the near future!